First off, please excuse the eyebrows, I didn’t realize they were this bad until I uploaded these pictures! Second, there are no names of shadows in the palette, so I am just going to name them by row and then … Continue reading
It has been such a long time since I posted my Ulta Haul, but I guess the update is better late than never! The Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris – This toner didn’t get along with my skin at all. … Continue reading
Last year I had put up this post, and since this week was our first snow in Wisconsin, I thought it would be appropriate to re-post with some additional pictures! Enjoy! In the winter I always gravitate toward a matte … Continue reading
Being the day before Thanksgiving, I just wanted to take some time to put out some good vibes and acknowledge all of the things I am grateful for in my life.
- My lovely boyfriend Ian, He constantly puts up with all of my crazy moments and all of my quirks. I couldn’t imagine a better partner in life!
- My dog Seamus, this dog can always make me smile on a bad day, he is perfectly amazing.
- My job as a middle/high school art teacher, as much as I constantly complain (sorry Ian) I am extremely thankful for this job because it is steady, I can create art everyday, I get to hang out with amazing co-workers, and I get to watch young people learn and grow into some really amazing people.
- My apartment, my super small apartment is so perfect and I am so grateful to be able to live in a place where my landlord is so supportive, and everything works!
- The rest of my family, my mom and dad are always so continually supportive in literally anything I do. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have that.
- My neighborhood, moving from the other side of Milwaukee, this neighborhood is a dream-come-true! I no longer have to worry about my car getting stolen or my house getting robbed!
- My gas fireplace, I don’t know what I am going to do when I move out of here… I love it so much.
- My trusty car, I have lived through 2 clunkers, and my current car has not let me down in the 2 years I have had it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Netflix, in all seriousness, I am an extreme introvert (especially after talking to so many people all day every day) so Netflix is my saving grace. It’s so great to disconnect from people for a while, and get into a good show.
- My artistic ability, this is something that I don’t realize is so important to me, I am so happy to have this.
- The ability to travel, I know I am fortunate to be able to travel when I can, I wish everyone had this luxury.
- Growing up on a farm, the older I get, the more I thank the heavens that I grew up on a farm, I have so much extra knowledge and more experiences that I know not many people have. I love that I can call myself a country girl.
- My health, I know it’s not perfect, but I am so thankful that I don’t have any major issues and I can live my life without worry or obstacles.
As everyone would say at the end of a list like this, “I could go on and on…” but I did want to stop and jot down a few things that came from the top of my head. You don’t realize how many great things you have going for you, until you really stop and think. I challenge yourself to make a list of 10 things you are extremely thankful for, and I hope you start to appreciate a little more than you had before.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
I want to start a short series on my blog entitled “Photography for Beginners” since I already teach a couple Photography classes, and there are so many people out there looking for tips. Photography is really a science and following these … Continue reading
I have been utterly obsessed with palettes lately and saw that the Morphe Multi-Color Matte Palette was on sale (on top of already being incredibly inexpensive) so I took the plunge and ordered it. These shadows aren’t amazing by any … Continue reading
Not too long ago, I posted about How To: Pick the Right Paint, so I thought I would do a follow up post about how to pick the right brush for all of your DIY needs. There are basically 3 … Continue reading
Necklaces are, by far, my most worn pieces of jewelry. I feel they can really change the shape or look of an outfit, tie things together, and/or make the biggest statement. Below I have outlined my 5 favorites! Starting from … Continue reading
Yep, another haul. I feel that once I get into that momentum of shopping for and purchasing makeup, I find it extremely hard to stop myself, especially since 21 Days of Beauty was happening at the time. Speaking of hauls, I am … Continue reading
I have been nominated by Nette’s Scrapbook for the One Lovely Blog Award, and I am so grateful that she took the time to seek out my tiny blog and appreciate what I am putting out there! Honestly, I used to dislike getting … Continue reading